[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:12:14 +0100

Le 22/02/2012 22:07, Ryan Leavengood a écrit :
I'm pretty motivated to work on this again and with other personal
projects easing up I should have the time. I think once we are over
the hump of updating our WebKit and getting the WebPositive source
into the Haiku repo things will become much easier. I intend to make
working on Web+ and even WebKit as easy as possible so that there
isn't just a special group of us who can do it. Eventually I can see
any Haiku dev popping into the WebPositive code to add something small
or fix a bug. Now it is incredibly hard to do that because there is a
huge barrier to entry.
Sure, that will be great.
I think the problem is mostly WebKit. Once we have a buildbot for that and readily available optional packages I'll likely have a look at working on the webkit UI. For now I don't want to spend nights building webkit on this single-core computer ;)

I also think that with Git, some workflow guidelines, maybe some other
tools we can make it much easier to keep our WebKit up-to-date. I did
already undo the removing of the Haiku port in my copy of the WebKit
repo, I just need to fast forward that to the latest version, fix all
the issues and get it building. Easy peasy ;)

Great :)

--
Adrien.