[haiku-development] Re: Let's finish r1a3

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 17:27:40 +0000

we're waiting
> one week more and the release will be on the 20 of june. This delays also
> lets time for preparing the website and propagating the final alpha3 to
> mirrors, so we need to get the userguide part done some time before.

> Adrien.

As I write this there's two alpha3 tickets that need to be addressed:

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6194 Fonts

http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7572  USB initialization

Are either of these being worked on?  It seems that 6194 could be
partially addressed (at least short term) by using the a font that
displays the Korean, Chinese and Japanese selections in
ReadOnlyBootPromt correctly, even if that font was only used to
display those selections...

For 7572 it seems that some devices work but not others?  Perhaps it's
not a blocker for alpha3, but should be high on the list for the next
release?

I added an updated build for the Keymapwitcher which has a new icon
and marked that as alpha3, I'll let you make the call though.

-scottmc