[haiku-development] Re: Let's finish r1a3

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:39:22 +0200

> Are either of these being worked on?  It seems that 6194 could be
> partially addressed (at least short term) by using the a font that
> displays the Korean, Chinese and Japanese selections in
> ReadOnlyBootPromt correctly, even if that font was only used to
> display those selections...

Unfortunately, in Unicode some glyphs for Chinese and Japanese use the same
codepoints, but each language wants them to be rendered differently. This
means we have to use a different font for each language.

It's possible to hardcode that in ReadOnlyBootPrompt, and maybe to set the
system font after that. But as I can't check the result (I can't read
Chinese nor Japanese), I'm waiting for someone with better experience of
these languages.

--
Adrien.