[haiku-development] Re: Let's finish r1a3

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 17:55:44 -0400

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hm, the way I understand the FAQ, the issue doesn't exist, as it only talks
> about preferences (like Japanese readers expecting/prefering certain glyphs
> for specific characters), but it is made clear that those characters can
> always be recognized in the other forms (glyphs).
> So, I fail to see the problem.

While it's true that they're recognizable, it's at the same time not
the expectation when you've chosen that particular system language.
It'd be roughly akin to me picking German in the preflet and the
system displaying the text as if written phonetically in a dialect
rather than Hochdeutsch

Regards,

Rene