[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 23:15:36 +0530

>How should you present a message that has the \Delete flag?  Today,
>my opinion is that you should simply ignore the message - from the
>filesystem, it would appear to be not there.  No Trash folder.
>Some email applications - probably many - do it that way.  It's
>simple and effective.  I personally like to have more explicit
>control over the flag/expunge process, but I'm not really a typical
>IMAP user.  If users turn out to be really interested in this point,
>some suitable feature can be added to IMAPFS later.

Here is where the local Trash folder comes in. The messages that are deleted
are moved to the Volume's Trash folder. Empty trash means EXPUNGE. User's
can undelete mails from their Trash folder. Note that this folder is
per-volume and not haiku's trash folder

Based on your comments i feel its best to leave the server out of this. i.e.
simply mark as \Deleted on the server. AFAIK, the server has mechanisms to
handle deleted mail. Its best to leave this option configurable due to the
way different clients handle this. See
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78892