[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 13:12:47 +0200

Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On second thought, perhaps this is already possible to do with a
> > Tracker add-on if the Trash folder can have a separate MIME type?
>
> Can you point me to the add-on in question? Will have a look at
> that and see how to implement this.

It's dead simple.

Documentation on Tracker add-ons:
http://www.haiku-os.org/legacy-docs/bebook/TheTracker_AddOnProtocol.html

One of the Tracker add-ons:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/add-ons/tracker/mark_as

> how would undelete work. How about this? Inside the Trash folder
> you simply right-click on the file in question and an option comes
> for "Restore". To do this, I would need to write an add-on for
> Tracker that detects when it is in the Trash folder(MIME type?)
> and if yes, adds a new menu item that unsets the /Deleted flag(and
> moves the file back to its original location on server?)

No need.

Tracker already has a "Restore" feature that simply moves the item
back,
(first consulting an attribute in which the original location was
saved). So I guess you need to make the imap-fs understand that
moving items out of it's trash folder means to undelete.

You need imap-fs to support saving this attribute on the message,
so you need (semi-)write-support.

/Jonas.