[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2011 15:24:35 +0200

Anshul Singhle <xashck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Updating/synchronizing should be a process in which mails are
> > received,
> >and where the imap-fs is participating, active rather than reactive.
> >The filesystem should not update/synchronize with IMAP as a -result
> > of-
> >mails having been received.
>
> Didn't completely get you. I did it this way because this is
> how major e-mail clients do it.

Probably due to me getting the wrong impression (or suspicion) that you
wanted to keep the mail_daemon mostly intact, have the mail_daemon
populate
the imap-fs the same way it populates the the ~/mail folders, (more
like a
file cache than a network fs) and use the imap-fs mostly as a trigger
for
the mail_daemon.

> Also, I'm working on a more detailed proposal incorporating the
> changes discussed here, will post shortly

Looking forward to it. :)

/Jonas