[gtk-server] Re: GTK Server ".cfg" File

  • From: Sunburned Surveyor <sunburned.surveyor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:11:05 -0800

Peter,

I would like to learn some C programming so I can understand how GTK
Server works, and perhaps contribute to your efforts.
I purchased Sams "Teach Yourself C in 21 Days", and I'm getting ready
to dive in.

I had a couple of brief questions for you before I get started.

(1) Do you work on Linux or Windows? Or do you work with both?
(2) What compiler do you use?
(3) If I wanted to get set up for some programming with C and GTK on
Windows, would you be able to give me some pointers, or do you only
deal with GTK on Linux?

I checked out Tor's page, but it was a little intimidating, and the
other GTK Page at dropline.net doesn't look like it is being
maintained anymore. I'm not running on Linux. (Not yet anyways, but
hopefully soon.)

I was thinking of using Bloodshed Dev C++ for my IDE, or the CDT
Extension for Eclipse.

What are your thoughts?

Landon