[gtk-server] GTK Server ".cfg" File

  • From: Sunburned Surveyor <sunburned.surveyor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gtk-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:31:19 -0800

The FAQ on the GTK - Server has the following section:

" Q: I want to use other GTK functions than mentioned in your configfile!
  A: Please read my tutorial carefully, and consult the GTK site. They
have excellent   documentation and tutorials. You can extend the
'gtk-server.cfg' file yourself with the GTK functions you want to use!
"

I checked the tutorial, which is unfortunately geared towards Linux
users and written with AWK, a scripting language that I am unfamiliar
with.

It appears that the gtk-server.cfg file is created by the script that
will be using the GTK-Server. Is this correct? If it is correct, and I
do want to add an additional GTK function to my config file, do I need
to do it in the script calling the extra function? (I checked the
GTK-Server installation folder on my nard-drive and wasn't able to
find gth-server.cfg, so I'm guessing it is generated at runtime.)

The manual does have a section that explains how to add the text
necessary to enable a GTK function, but I couldn't discern the answers
to the above questions.

I have a Windows 2000 operating system, and I'm using the latest
version of GTK and the GTK-Server available on the GTK-Server website.
My scripting language is newLisp.

I'm trying to get a handle on how newLisp works with GTK server before
I get started with some GUI programming.

I apologize in advance for my "windows-user" ignorance, and promise to
collect my notes on newLisp/GTK-Server programming so I can write some
better documentation for GTK-Server users that want to work with
GTK-Server and newLisp on a Windows environment.

The Sunburned Surveyor