[gps-talkusers] Re: figured out the TomTom app

  • From: Mike Arrigo <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:56:52 -0500

That would be a nice idea, if Sendero plans to continue the main GPS product,
most likely, it's going to have to move to other platforms. Unfortunately the
new windows phone 7 is completely inaccessible, and while windows mobile 6
might be around for another year or so, these phones will start to fade away in
the future. Also, as hopefully more main stream devices become accessible, and
netbooks become smaller and have more battery life, the specialty note takers
will also become a thing of the past. This probably won't happen at once, but
as the advantages of going main stream continue to increase, there will be no
reason to justify spending much more for these devices. At this point, if I was
a developer, I would look at the Apple platform and Android. At one time I
thought Symbian would be worth considering, but Nokia seems to be phasing out
S60, and the new Symbian versions do not appear to have any type of access at
this point.