[gps-talkusers] figured out the TomTom app

  • From: Mike Arrigo <n0oxy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:47:20 -0500

Well, I figured out where the select button was to calculate the roots in this
application. There are actually a few things about the TomTom app I like better
than avigon. For one thing, you can go back to the main menu during a root and
select the "help me" option which will tell you where you are while the app
continues to provide guided instructions. Also, I have not found a way in
navigon to get a list of instructions for the entire root, but the TomTom app
will do this. And, if you have TomTom and navigon, you have an app that uses
both of the major map providers, since TomTom uses teleatlas and navigon uses
navteq. These 2 apps are my favorite ones for navigation on the iphone, I also
have one called kapten GPS, but I don't use it as much, it's a bit more
difficult to find things I think. Has anyone tried the magellan GPS app? I
heard at one time that it wasn't accessible, but I heard the same thing about
the TomTom app, and that app works quite well now.To change your email settings
(unsubscribe, digest only, or vacation mode):