[gps-talkusers] Re: figured out the TomTom app

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 09:18:58 -0400

I recently went on a business trip to Wisconsin and used Navigon exclusively there and had no trouble. Used it mainly while riding in a taxi, but also for some pedestrian traveling and it worked very well. I sometimes switched to the Sendero Lookaround app to get quick info about the street, but still for the actual navigation and finding a route and a destination, it worked well. I have not used the Tom Tom app, so cannot comment.

On 10/23/2010 12:22 PM, Mike Arrigo wrote:
Both of these apps are good, my suggestion is, if you can afford it, get both
of them. I think navigon works well, sometimes people confuse software not
working well with simply not working the way they think it should. Navigon's
voice instructions are a little more descriptive I think, on the other hand,
with the tomtom app, once you have started following a root, you can return to
the main menu and bring up the screen that tells you where you are, I haven't
found a way to do this with navigon. Again, bth apps are worth having I think.
On Oct 22, 2010, at 8:57 PM, James Mannion wrote:

Cool, I want to go get the TomTom app now. I have heard so many mixed
messages about navigon that I didn't know if I wanted to invest in it
in terms of time or cash or not. It sounds like TomTom more straight
forward just works. Does it to anything though with padestrian
navigation? That thought just came to mind that I guess I don't know
the answer to.

"unsubscribe" in the Subject.