[gmpi] Re: low level API - Abstract Factory summary

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:00:13 -0800

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 07:49:25PM -0500, gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> class GMPI_IPluginLibrary : public GMPI_IUnknown
> {
>  GMPI_Result GMPI_EnumeratePlugins(GMPI_PluginDescriptor *descriptor,
> int32_t index);
> };

So here's where I continue to balk at OO - what is the point of having
this as a class?  You now have an interface to get the factory, which has
one method?  Why not just make that method be the single entry point to
the dll.

The create() or instantiate() method belongs with the descriptor, doesn't
it?