[gmpi] Re: low level API - Abstract Factory summary

  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:31:26 -0500

GUIDs are a DCE standard. There is a standard algorithm (several actually)
for computing them. So stringified or not stringified it is all the same,
both kinds use the same algorithm. There is example source code for the
algorithm in the DCE distribution (which is now open source), that can
easily be adapted to GMPI.