[gmpi] Re: low level API - Abstract Factory summary

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:14:27 -0500

I think making it an object is just OO masturbation.  It feels good, but
it doesn't really achieve anything.
<<<

The reason it seems overengineered is because the factor interface
hasn't been defined properly.  I reall should be something like this:

struct IFactory
{
        HRESULT CreateInstance( IUnknown** ppObj ) = 0;
};

HRESULT CreateFactory( CLSID clsidClass, IFactory** ppFactory );

The idea is: a single module can be a factory for a variety of different
classes.  You instantiate new objects of a class through the factory for
the class, and you get the identify the factory by CLSID (GUID).