[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - ramped events

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:35:44 -0500

Since continuous controllers and tempo changes are the same sort of
function, I think it would be best if they were handled the same way. Some
kind of interpolation function beyond just linear ramps would be more
useful. It is true that many linear ramps can approximate the actual
function as close as required, but a more compressed representation would be
far more useful for any kind of event or parameter processing.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
CsoundVST, an extended version of Csound for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/