[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - ramped events

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:59:58 +0000

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:39:54 -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:
> I've merged a draft of the requirement on ramped controls into the reqs doc.
> The only thing left for 3.8 is gestures, which is a separate thread.

Did we reject the idea of a unified representation of ramps and sets? ie.
one where systems that did not care for ramps could just ignore the slope?
That seems cleaner to me that having two different types of controls.

For example: each ramp segemnt could be represented as a point value (the
value at the event time, not the end of the ramp) and a delta. events
without ramps and ramp end events would be genrerated with delta=0.0 and
systems that didnt care about ramps would ignore the delta when they
process the event.

Also, its not stated anywhere, but I'm guessing that ramps should only
apply to real valued controls, not int, enum, string etc.