[gmpi] Re: 3.15 MIDI (What does it mean to be a plugin)

  • From: Chris Grigg <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:19:28 -0700

Jeff,

Sorry to see you're inferring views and intentions on my part that I don't actually hold.

A thought: Just because someone may disagree with you, or occasionally finds some of your reasoning unconvincing, or wants to see your first principles before just blithely going along, doesn't mean they necessarily disrespect you. In my world, and maybe this is rarer than I realize, stepping up to voice doubts is seen as valuable, and to be on the other side of that process is called "defending a thesis," not "being insulted".

-- Chris G.

Ron.
> You are basically saying you want us to recreate VST.

 That's not what he said.  This isn't the first time a you've answered
 carefully reasoned argument for something with a very pointed emotional
 response.

Yeah, I am emotional. Chris has repeatedly questioned our design decisions. He has proposed his own ideas instead. Most of his solutions are the same as what VST did years ago. (and we know the problems with that model)

His subtext is that this entire group are ill-informed about modern software
design.  That's what I find not only highly unlikely, but insulting.

Best Regards,
Jeff