[gmpi] Re: 3.11 Parameters

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:37:28 -0800

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 06:13:05PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > I agree with all this as the flip-side.  I could be talked out of it ;)  We
> > almost have to support dynamic I/O though.  Too many existing APIs do it to
> > not handle it, I think.
>
> Dynamic i/o connection, or dynamic i/o creation?

Creation.  It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that an AU
filter can be created with N ins and outs.  It is up to the host to connect
them once created.  It's not DYNAMIC in the sense that it can be changed at
on the fly, but it is an argument to the plugin.  The same could be true for
GMPI.

Sticking with "modules" - we could pass a list of module descriptors to the
plugin's instantiation.  Changing the module config would require
re-instantiation.  This would define it as something that does not occur in
realtime and does not occur often.