[gmpi] Re: 3.11 Parameters

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:14:54 -0500

What is our UI supposed to do when the parameter that we are displaying
disappears at time X?
<<<

Oh, you are thinking *really* dynamic changes, like anywhere at anytime,
even during playback.  I had something more restrictive in mind, both
for param changes and dynamic output creation.

The idea is that the plugin has to ask the host if it's OK to change
param counts or pin counts.  For example, the plugin says:

        bool bOK = pHost->BeginParamCountChange();
        if (bOK)
        {
                ... change param counts ...
                pHost->EndParamCountChange();
        }
        else
                ... try again later ...

IOW the host gets to prepare itself for param list changes, even
rejecting them outright if it wants to.