[gmpi] Re: 3.11 Parameters

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:33:09 -0500

Does the plugin dynamically add new outputs that did not exist before,
or does it always have N outs and just route to them on demand?  If it
creates them, how do hosts handle it?  Obviously VST does not support
that..
<<<

It adds new outputs that did not exist before.

The (DXi) host handles it by implementing an IMfxNotifyHost notification
sink.  The plugin calls this with "audio ports change begin"
notification, which the host can accept or reject.

Are these creations automatable?
<<<

They can expose new automation parameters, though I know today SONAR
won't support that.  I consider this a limitation.

Maybe it needs to be bi-directional, then?
<<<

Probably.