[geocentrism] Re: Puzzle

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:46:46 +0000 (GMT)

Again -- greetings all.
I'm sorry about this but I've included the wrong post script to my last post (I
guess I had more windows open than I could efficiently manage). Here is the
correct version -
PS When I tried to attach the self extract file, Solution.EXE, Yahoo! refused
on the grounds that it was a virus which it certainly is not. I tested several
other .EXE files and Yahoo! was happy with those, so it is something about my
file it doesn't like. As there is more than one way to skin a cat, I then
converted Solution.EXE to a five letter code group file Solution.ALF which
Yahoo! accepted and is attached, but when I tried to attach codegrp.exe -- so
you can convert Solution.ALF to Solution.EXE -- Yahoo! again complained, in
these terms "|!| Alert! There's a problem scanning codegrp.exe for a virus.
Send anyway | Cancel". Can you believe that? I won't do that so I suggest that
you go to http://www.fourmilab.ch/codegroup/ and download the codegrp.ZIP file.
It is dead simple to use -- the instructions are given at the site and in the
zip file. Sorry about that, but not my fault.
So in summary, the steps are (1) obtain codegrp.zip, extract, and RUN codegrp
-d solution.alf > solution.exe (2) RUN solution.exe -s<password supplied next
monday>.