[geocentrism] Re: Puzzle

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:52:35 +0000 (GMT)

G'Day again Paul,

  That e-mails have been "delivered" does not mean that the recipient has read
them or even opened them. This point has clearly passed you by, but hopefully
is now settled.

  You state that you "don't know that [you] have any responsibility to explain
to anyone why [you] ask a reasonable question in a forum such as this, ..."
This forum is run by Steven and myself and if either or both of us consider
your question to be deliberately belittling to a respected and valuable member
of this forum, then you are required to explain yourself. If you do not, then
you will be barred from contributing further or simply thrown off. I hope that
I make myself clear on this point, too.

  I also hope that this puts an end to both issues and that we can look forward
to your posting of the puzzle. Whether you decide to apologise to Robert for
the obvious insinuation you were making, I leave to your discretion.

  One more thing, however. I did not find the tensor calculus of General
Relativity to be "easy" and I know of no one in my year at university who did.
Certainly Einstein himself did not find it "easy," since he hired a
professional mathematician to do it for him. You might also like to research
what Albert Einstein's Ph.D. consisted of.

  Best wishes,

  Neville.

Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Neville J
  Thanks for your immediate response to my last request re the puzzle and for
your permission.
  I've been to my 'Sent' folder and extracted the three messages in question,
and from the headers I also extracted the 'From' and 'To' lines all of which
I've shown below together with your response (to which I am now responding).
  If you did not receive the earliest (to ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx - address
extracted from the header of one of your messages eg From: "Dr. Neville Jones"
<ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>) then the second, to the open forum, I would have thought,
would have elicited a puzzled response. Since it did not, I'm sure you can see
why I deduced either preoccupation or apathy on your part. None were returned
as not delivered, so I had presumed that they were in fact delivered.
  Concerning my question to Robert B about his PhD. This is at least the third
time I've sought this information -- all requests either ignored or not
answered. I don't know that I have any responsibility to explain to anyone why
I ask a reasonable question in a forum such as this, but since I have no
ulterior motive, I did this because I wished to know if the qualification was
in any way relevant to the subject under discussion. You see there are quite a
few people in this world who obtain a PhD from a questionable institution in an
'easy' subject, ...

 New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more
at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.