[geocentrism] Re: Puzzle

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 16:51:34 +0000 (GMT)

Martin S
Chronology: Martin S > Paul D
From Martin G. Selbrede Fri Apr 6 18:39:04 2007
The salesman said this:
This sum is payable on delivery but may be placed in escrow until either its
utility has been established or 30 days have passed whichever is the sooner.
What if 30 days passes before the pot's utility has been established (it could
be a fake that doesn't grant any wishes at all). The money in escrow goes to
the salesman anyway. It looks like this is a way for the salesman to make $1250
on a worthless piece of ceramic.
Well the King expressed satisfaction with the terms and he did have 30 days to
test it after all, surely a trivial task.
Martin S.
=======================================
From Martin G. Selbrede Fri Apr 6 19:02:58 2007
I use only Macintosh computers so I don't have access to the
solution, which requires a PC to run the executable. Since the puzzle
was closed on 4/2, I didn't think I was violating the contest terms
by commenting on the puzzle on the forum, as Robert Bennett had also
done. Forgive me if that was an ill-conceived conclusion.
Sorry -- I didn't forsee this problem.
I'll send you the solution if you want. I'm surprised -- I thought you'd be the
one to knock this one over!
Martin S.