[geocentrism] Re: Is geocentrism supported by facts?

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:25:35 -0000

Dear Neville,
Here is a quote from one of Steven's earlier e-mails. It is the 'additional
component of motion' that Steven mentions below that I was referring to as a
'fudge' factor.

Jack

'over a period of twelve months. This, too, is rotational movement, where the
period of rotation is one year and the orbital radius is one astronomical unit.

But the problem with this is, if the Earth is always keeping aligned with the
Northern celestial pole, then it cannot at the same time stay aligned at the
same time with the Southern celestial pole. Another way to imagine this problem
is this:How does heliocentrism account for this? A peculiar additional
component of motion has to be attached to the Earth in order to satisfy the
requirement of accounting for what we actually see