A Message from the Principal

  • From: reker_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 09:51:01 -0400

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear GA Parents and Friends:

Happy Friday the 13th!  I hope it is a good one for you!

This week began with me being a group leader at the Confirmation Retreats
on Monday and Tuesday.  This is the first time I have been able to
participate in the retreat, and it was a great experience for me.  The 8th
graders were terrific, and it was most enjoyable being with them.  Sr. Pat
Dittmeier, our D.R.E., planned a very meaningful day for the Confirmandi,
and I believe that the students learned much and enjoyed the experience.
Please keep the Confirmandi in your prayers as they make final =
preparations
for their Confirmation on September 30, 2002.

On Wednesday morning the students and GA staff participated in the 9/11
Remembrance Assembly and parish Mass.  It was great having many of our
parents with us that morning.  The 9/11 Remembrance Assembly was a great
way for the students to pray and to share their patriotism.  The GA Band
and GA Chorus added much to the program, and I thank Jan Diehl and Geanna
Hansell for all their hard work with the students.

Please keep the family of Don Matthews, one of our custodial workers, in
your prayers.  Don's father-in-law died this week, and I know the Matthews
Family would appreciate our thoughts and prayers.

Please keep the family of sixth grade teacher Mrs. Barbara Pincumbe in =
your
thoughts and prayers.  Barb's father is ill with cancer, and the family
would appreciate our prayers at this difficult time.

The Magazine Sale has gone fairly well, and I would like to thank all of
you who have been able to assist us.  The totals are behind last year's, =
so
if you are able, please try to sell more magazines this weekend.  Thank =
you!

Next week is a relatively "quiet and normal" week at GA.  There are not =
too
many extra activities, which will be nice.  However, on Friday afternoon,
September 20, the students and staff will gather for an all-school Pep
Rally.  Student Council moderator Sharon Hanna is organizing the
festivities which will honor the GA Band, girls' basketball and boys'
football. Parents are invited to join us.  The Pep Rally will begin at =
1:25
pm on the Football Field.  The students are permitted to wear spirit wear
(red and white) shirts or jerseys, but are asked to wear the uniform pants
or shorts.

Parents, please remember to return the Angel Aides Volunteer Information
Sheet a.s.a.p.  You can find the form on our Web Site.  The Angel Aides
Program is a resource pool of volunteer help for the staff, and in past
years they have been a tremendous asset to our school.  Thank you!
___________________________________________________________________________=

_______________

"ANGEL THOUGHT"

"When you are lonely or frightened, talk to your guardian angel.  You can
do it out loud or inside your head ----
your angel can hear you whenever you speak.  Ask your angel to be near =
you,
to put his or her head on your shoulder, to give you courage and to =
protect
you.

At other times, just enjoy the company of angels.  And ask God to let you
know more about these wonderful beings."  ---  Joan Wester Anderson
___________________________________________________________________________=

_______________

"=C1NGEL THOUGHT" by St. Athanasius

"The vision of the angels