A Message from the Principal

  • From: "David Reker" <dreker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:45:51 -0400

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear GA Parents and Friends:

Welcome to the first week of school for the 2003-2004
school year! It is hard to believe that school begins in
just three days.  I hope that you and your family had a
great summer and are excited about beginning a new school
year.  I know that the teachers, staff members and I are
looking very forward to this Thursday.  It will be great
to see the children again and to begin a new school year
with them.  I'm sure that the 2003-2004 School Year will
be a great year for GA!  It will also be the year that we
watch the building of the new offices, the new parking
lot/ playground and the Sr. Dolores Parish Center.  What
an exciting year this will be!   We will be watching the
future of GA happening right here-and-now!

Calendar of Events for Week of August 17, 2003:

Tuesday, August 19 -- First Grade Open House
      First Grade Open House begins at 9:00 a.m.  Parents
and students are invited to come to school and meet their
first grade teacher and see their classroom.  Please feel
free to take a walk around the school, too.

Wednesday, August 20 -- GA Staff In-Service Day
      8:30 am -- Mass
      9:15 am -- P.T.A. Coffee and Donuts
      9:30 am -- Faculty In-Service
                 A.  Faculty Meeting
                 B.  Golden Rule Program
                     1.  Viewing of the film "Last One
                         Picked...First One Picked On"
     12:00 pm -- PTA Luncheon
     12:45 pm -- Technology Training:  Edline

Thursday, August 21 -- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
     Good luck and God's blessings on this first day of
school and throughout the entire school year!  I hope that
this is a most successful school year for you and your
family!

Friday, August 22 -- SECOND DAY OF SCHOOL!
      8:15 am -- Mass
      Please feel free to join us in prayer as we
celebrate our Beginning-of-the-School Year Mass.  We begin
the school year by asking the Holy Spirit to bless us and
to be our guide during the year.

Important Dates for Next Week:

Wednesday, August 27 -- School Pictures Day

Thursday, August 28 -- 6:30 p.m. PTA Open House
     GA parents, you are most cordially invited to attend
the
the P.T.A. Open House and to meet your children's
teachers.

A great quote for the beginning of school.  It tells us
how to have a succcessful life and how to look at
ourselves and each other.  This is a terrific way for all
school personnel to look upon each child God has given
them to work with this year.

Quote:  "He will keep his agreement of love for a thousand
lifetimes for people who love him and keep his
commandments."  Deuteronomy 7:9

Thought:  "We are God's hands.  We are his.  His face.
 His hands.  His touch.  We are him.  Look deeply into the
face of every human being on earth, and you will see his
likeness.  Though some appear to be distant relatives,
they are not.  God has no cousins, only children.
            "We are incredibly the body of Christ.  And
though we may not act like our Father, there is not
greater truth than this.  We are his.  Unalterably He
loves us.  Undyingly.  Nothing can separate us from the
love of Christ."  By Max Lucado

Once again, have a great school year.

God's blessings,

David A. Reker