A Message from the Principal

  • From: "David Reker" <dreker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:23:08 -0500

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear GA Parents and Friends:

Well, we made it through Catholic Schools Week 2003, and
it was a great week of celebrations.  The only downer was
the fact that we had so many children absent this week.
 Hope-fully over the weekend everyone gets better! The
C.S.W. Mass this morning was very beautiful, and it was
the feast day of St. John Bosco, who is the patron saint
of teachers.
Our pastor, Fr. Tom King, gave a very nice sermon about
St. John Bosco and how to live a life of service for
others.  We
were able to have two "partial showings" of the Eighth
Grade Talent Show today, but had to cancel the night
perfor-
mance because of all the illness in the 8th grade.  It has
been rescheduled for February 28.  The children have
enjoyed the week and they had a lot of fun.  It is great
to be able to build school spirit and to be able to give
the children good memories of their grade school years.

It was so good to see so many of you at our special C.S.W.
Breakfast & Tour.  Many parents commented on how they
liked this activity.  The GA FAmily Quilt was great.  We
are going to leave it up for some time in the cafeteria.
 If you have not seen it, please stop by.  It is enjoyable
to see.

In last week's note, I forgot to mention one very
important item.  Two weeks ago our GA Drama Club presented
"Alice in Wonderland."  It was tremendous, and I would
like to sin-cerely thank our Drama Club moderator Miss
Geanna Hansell for all of her hard work and dedication.
 It was so great to be able to watch our students share
their many talents with us.  The children did one terrific
job!  I know that all of us at GA were very proud of the
students!

Next week is a lot calmer than this week has been.  The
entra activities are:  (1) On Monday the students will
have their throats blessed in honor of St. Blaise.  This
prayer will begin at 9:15 a.m. (2)  On Wednesday the
Spelling Bee for grades 5-8 will take place.  The bee
begins at 1:00   Good luck to all our spellers.  (3)
 Friday will be the day that the formal Eighth Grade
Pictures are taken.  Eighth graders may come to school out
of uniform, and they are asked to dress very nicely.  A
tie is required for the boys.

ANGEL THOUGHTS:

"Every visible thing in this world is put in the charge of
an angel."  St. Augustine in "Eight Questions"

"Angels are spirits, but it is not because they are
spirits that they are angels.  They become Angels when
they are sent.  For the name Angel refers to their office,
not to their nature.  You ask the name of this nature, it
is spirit;  you ask its office, it is that of an Angel,
which is the messenger."  St. Augustine

Have a great weekend.

God's blessings,

David Reker