A Message from the Principal

  • From: reker_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:31:34 -0400

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear GA Parents and Friends:

Well, another Friday is here, and it has been a very nice week.  I will
start this week's note with a few of the children's actions this week.
They are great!  You just never know what will come out of a little one's
mouth.

        (1)  The other day a little first grader caught me off guard.  While on
cafeteria duty, she came up to me with a big smile, patted me on the arm
and said, "Hi, Dave!"  I was very surprised,  and I had a rough time not to
laugh.  I just simply asked her to call me Mr. Reker from now on, which she
has done.

        (2)   Congratulations to the Andrew Schmitt family on the birth of their
new daughter Bridget.  When I asked first grader Mary Schmitt how much her
new sister weighed, she told me, "Just about 88 pounds!"   I would say that
is the record weight of a newborn.  Seriously, Congratulations and God's
blessings to Barb, Andrew, Kellee, Peter and Mary on the birth of Bridget!

Next week is quite a busy one at GA.  Please keep the 8th graders in your
prayers on Monday and Tuesday,  They will be participating in their
Confirmation Retreat.  Half of the class will go each day, and the retreats
are held at Mt. St. Mary Seminary.

On Wednesday, we will celebrate Patriot Day, the Day of Remembrance for
9/11.  We felt it was best to take a low-keyed approach to this day here at
school, but we also knew it was important to gather the students together.
We will begin around 9:25 a.m. with a Patriotic Assembly,  The school will
gather around the flag pole and the GA Band and GA Chorus will lead us in
singing patriotic songs.  Miss Gallion will lead all of us in "The Pledge
of Allegiance."  After that all the students and teachers will go to the
parish 10:00 a.m. Mass to remember 9/11 in prayer.  If you can, please join
us for both events.

Fifth Grade Parents,  please remember the Beginning Band Meeting, which
will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 10.

_______________

"An Angel's Hand" by Ernest Temple Hardgrove

The gloom of the world is but a shadow.  Behind it, and yet within our
reach, is joy.  There is radiance and glory in darkness could we but see;
and to see we have only to look.  Life is so generous a giver, but we,
judging its gift by their covering, cast them away as ugly, or heavy, or
hard.  Remove the covering and you will find beneath it a living splendor
woven by love, by wisdom, with power.  Welcome it, grasp it, and you touch
the angel's hand that brings it to you.

        Everything that we call a trial, a sorrow, or a duty -----
                believe me,
                        the angel's hand is there."