[gameprogrammer] Re: MMO Idea

  • From: "Laurence Grant" <larrygrant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 17:00:58 -0500

Consider this

You have resource collectors you send out to perform your mining, and the
class 1 minor runs at 10 units per hour

A class two minor runs at 15 units per hour

A skilled human might collect resources at 18 units per hour, and unskilled
at 8 units per hour

During normal operations I'll just use my resource collectors, but on
certain days, maybe during or just before a large raid of an enemy base, I
know I need to stock up faster, so as one of the corporation managers I
might request a unit or two go mine, because it's critical to the raid, not
because I want to give them a boring job and not because they need to work
on leveling, but because the corporation really needs there help

Also, consider hard to reach area, up on a cliff somewhere, maybe the
resource collector can't reach it but a player with a jetpack or something
can.

I think there are a lot of ways to get people into resources collecting to
empower the corporation.  It won't be there normal duties, and certainly
it's boring and no one wants to do it, but in the rate cases where the
corporation needs your help, you can feel like you're accomplishing
something.

Compared to spending hours upon hours or days upon days doing the same
repetitive task just to level your character, now that's bad, that's boring,
and that has no real purpose.

  _____