[gameprogrammer] MMO Idea

  • From: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:01:21 -0600

I was talking to a friend about MMOs, and I was I was thinking about
how usually 2/3 of the players are at the highest level in the game,
and how while I understand the people play fantasy games to be and
achieve things that they can not or will not in real life, so everyone
wants to be a top dog, it made me think of a new system.

How about a system that is pyramid in design? For example, there would
only be one person at the top spot, 2 people at the send highest
level, etc on down. Also the level could be determined by something
other than time in game, or number of orcs killed. Perhaps it could be
the number of player character henchmen. So, for example, the guild
leader of the largest guild in the game would probably have the
highest spot, but if for some reason he or she made thier guild
unhappy and they quit the guild, then that person would go down in
ranks and someone else would be the top person in the game.

Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Business: http://www.shaklee.net/austin