[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - Sept. 15, 2011

  • From: Tony Germano <tony_germano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 11:04:38 -0400

Not saying it's impossible, but it may be complicated to get a pogoplug to
request the correct packages since it will not be running the same OS (having
an ARM processor.)
Tony

Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 09:20:35 -0400
From: mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - Sept. 15, 2011

I was thinking about apt-proxy last night when I read Tony's first email. I
couldn't remember the name so I figured I'd respond when I remembered it. I
don't think we need the entire repository, most packages probably will never be
used and will just take up drive space and bandwidth for updates. I hadn't
thought about the issue of Ubuntu's all to frequent updates not being cached
until requested and hadn't been even considering whether we would need a system
running 24/7. Maybe we could use something like a SheevaPlug or a PogoPlug they
only use about 5W maximum.