[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - Sept. 15, 2011

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:23:08 -0400

Thanks for offering to work on the repository.

I thought I would have free time to set up a repository at work then move it
to the workshop when the Internet connection was ready. But my free time at
work evaporated long before we got the Internet connection up at the
workshop. I still have the 1U server in my IT room, and I will bring it to
the workshop next Thursday.

The Supermicro 1U server has (1) P4 2.2 MHz cpu, (1) 40 GB SATA drive, FD,
CDROM, (2) Intel gigabit Ethernet ports, (2) PS/2, (4) USB, (1) VGA, (1)
serial. If by your estimate we need a larger hard drive, let me know how
big. I am reloading Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS on the system now because I
forgot the login credentials. I'll find out how much RAM is in the box
later.

Tom --

  _____