Re: [foxboro] network storm

  • From: Ali Ahmed Zahidi <alizahidi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 23:24:10 +0000

Hi Mike,
I have experienced such a problem but on a nodebus network. The culprit was
intermittent problem in DNBT due to effect of corrosive gases in the control
room environment. Replacement of DNBT solved the problem. The control room was
later installed with Purafil filters to clean the control room environment.

Rgds,
Ali Ahmed Zahidi> Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:26:42 -0600> Subject: [foxboro]
network storm> From: mjaudon2@xxxxxxxxx> To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > We
experienced a first for our plant site today. We had all workstations,> on the
mesh side of the network, to "smurf" out. Upon visually checking our> ZCP270s I
noticed that of each of the ZCP270s had gone single with it's> associated FT
module gone to red/green.> Looking at the switches...we have 3 sets of switches
including the root> switch. On each of the switches the lights were all
flashing rapidly and in> unison. It wasn't until we cycled the power on the
root switches (one at a> time) that the network came back.> > Talking to our
field service rep...he said the situation we had was a> "network storm". The
cause is unknown.> > My question is has anyone ever experienced a "network
storm" on a mesh> network and if so what caused it?> > Our mesh network has
been in operation since Oct 2008 and this is the first> issue we have had with
it.> > We are running a Mesh Network version 8.4.1.> > -- > Mike Jaudon>
Tronox, LLC> Hamilton, MS> > > > >