Re: [foxboro] Upgrading Foxboro AW from P91, (Dell 2800), to P91, (Dell 2900), 2003 Server

  • From: Duc M Do <duc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:20:35 -0500

Tom,
Not having done this particular upgrade myself, but knowing how particular
the Symantec restore procedure is, I think you will have to go the Day 0
route. But I can also offer this:

1. You don't have to worry about System Monitor. All the pertinent info is
loaded when you commit the box after the Day 0 load. You will have to
migrate all the other databases in your list.

2. Don't forget your alarm configurations if you have configured
AApan/AAtab.

3. Also, don't forget any additional configuration for the new FBMs such as
FBM224. (There may be others that I don't know about.)

Maybe you ought to write down (check that, please summarize, really) what
you do so those of us who might have to do this in the future can learn from
it.

Duc