[elky] Re: Winter - dumping the trash from the Elky

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:02:30 -0800

nice pic. And I feel a whole lot better. It started snowing this am and we probably have 2 inches. (!). We will not get as much as you did. I hope.

It's 20* and supposed to drop.

that's a lot for the dump.  We can load the car for under $20. Sorry.

I hate snow.

We have a new dog and we named him Lucky. Seems to fit and much better than a male named Coco. He's a German Shepherd and a real sweetie. He's 5 years old and was turned into the shelter because he kept scaling the 6' fence to get to the neighbor's chickens. We have no livestock. Ellie thinks he's just right.

mary

One of the longest winters in many years. The snow piles on the side of the major roads are much taller than the cars driving down them. Even in out little town, the piles are higher or about as high as the cars.

We have below freezing highs and below zero lows for at least the next week coming up.

I emptied a trash container full of construction debris from the El Camino. They want $120 a truck load to take it to a dump. I am just going to go week by week and put it on the curb till it's gone. At the rate winter is going, I will still beat the good weather.