[elky] Re: OT: more of the little storm

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 08:48:11 -0800

We know we're going to have to do something for Ellie. We knew she was skittish, but didn't expect the hysterics we had on the fourth of July. New Years' Eve is the same 'homemade fireworks display' deal. We asked for opinions and the general agreement was to let her experience it and reassure her the whole time. That it would be worse to have her stumbling around half stoned in a panicky state, possible injuring herself. but it was soooo difficult for her we regreted that decision. Poor thing has so many demons in her head.

Mary
This was our first experience with it and we were both working. Cindy's Mom was just sitting with her, and said she was better curled up in a blanket. I'll have to ask Cindy what they gave her.