[elky] Non Elky Going to the Dogs

  • From: "Rick Draganowski" <dragan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 07:38:59 -0800

Mary as you know I care a lot about dogs. They truly are our best friends. What
I think would work for an old cripple like me would be a dog I could raise as
my own. I found this to be the best way to have a truly obedient dog. To be
true to your dog is the same responsibility as to a child and I have seen so
many mistreated dogs that were poorly trained or even trained to be attack
animals who have caused much trouble and even pain and death to adoptee
families.

So I will wait till next spring and spread the word to my rural neighbors that
I want to adopt a puppy. A mixed breed like my Lady's dog Rocky would be ideal.
Full grown about 150 lbs and lab and retriever mix (lab sire, retriever dam)
makes a beautiful animal. I want my dog to be as my childhood friend "Lucky"
who was with me from my 8th year to my 18th year. Lucky was closer to me than
any of my family and I shall never forget him. He was a border collie and in
many ways smarter than I was. We would hunt together, play together, and even
work together.

There is a great deal of difference between a dog who is loved and wanted from
birth and the unfortunate discarded dogs in many shelters.

Thanks for your consideration.

Rick Draganowski