[elky] Re: New Injectors

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:06:52 -0500

Well, in theory, I have a '90 Caprice police car engine and fuel system.
The difference is that I have a hotter-than-stock camshaft.  I'll advance
the timing when I get home.  It has all the symptoms of not having enough
advance.  I'll add between 4 and 6 degrees and I'd be surprised if it
doesn't improve dramatically.

Remember, with the too-small injectors it would have been lean and prone to
pinging, so the timing would be retarded to keep it from pinging.

Just let me know what happens after you bump up the timing. 0 is too low for anything even if the factory set it there it's always too little.