[elky] Re: New Injectors

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:24:09 -0500

Well, in theory, I have a '90 Caprice police car engine and fuel system.
The difference is that I have a hotter-than-stock camshaft.  I'll advance
the timing when I get home.  It has all the symptoms of not having enough
advance.  I'll add between 4 and 6 degrees and I'd be surprised if it
doesn't improve dramatically.

Remember, with the too-small injectors it would have been lean and prone to
pinging, so the timing would be retarded to keep it from pinging.