[elky] Re: New Injectors

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:32:23 EDT

Sounds logical.

-Staten Island Frank-

In a message dated 10/23/2009 9:24:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Well, in  theory, I have a '90 Caprice police car engine and fuel system.
The  difference is that I have a hotter-than-stock camshaft.  I'll  advance
the timing when I get home.  It has all the symptoms of not  having enough
advance.  I'll add between 4 and 6 degrees and I'd be  surprised if it
doesn't improve dramatically.

Remember, with the  too-small injectors it would have been lean and prone to
pinging, so the  timing would be retarded to keep it from  pinging.