[elky] Re: New Injectors

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:10:39 -0500

I can log easily with my wife's laptop but I have to wait for an
opportunity to use it.  A netbook would be perfect for logging.

If I build another car it will be a mostly stock engine
configuration... no sense reinventing the wheel - use the millions of
$ and man hours GM has put into an engine.  LS7? LS9?
I hear that, Computer problems when swapping parts can be a nightmare, not unlike what a lot of hot rodder are going through. I will either stick with a pre computer car if I feel like tinkering, or swap in a complete fuel injected performance engine with PC, and harness. Pricey but in the long run I'll keep my hair.

Yup. My TPI is basically a stock swap so it was fairly simple but the stock programming was garbage. I need to mess with it some and have been adapting another bin file for it but I need a new eeprom burner and a couple chips.

If I did any future engine swap it'd be something like a 5.3 from a truck. They have good power and very good drivability. Gas mileage in the mid 20s on the freeway and that would have to be better in an elky than in a big brick truck.