[duxuser] Re: duxbury codes organized in categories.

  • From: Renee Holmes <rholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:37:14 -0800

Lisa,
When you get a list of the codes organized, maybe you could share it with some of us who are trying to learn them. I appreciate all the work you have done toward getting certified. I did that a couple of years ago and no one knows all the study it takes until one does it. Renee Holmes

At 05:14 AM 3/17/04 -0600, you wrote:

Hi George and everyone,

Have anyone thought of organizing the Duxbury codes into categories?  This
would be a lot easier for transcribers who are certified and can look up
things quickly and easier depending on the task at hand.  For instance, if
you are doing a title page, there should be a set of codes for doing title
pages in a logical manner.  When doing a Table of Contents there should be a
separate codes for these areas.  When doing a glossary or index, there
should be a listing of codes for this category.  Tell me what you think.

Another thing is that there is no way to change from uppercase to lowercase
letters without writing what you are modifying in a publisher file.
Any thoughts on this?  I'd be interested in hearing feedback in this area.
My Braille Instructor Vivian Seki was working on organizing these listing of
codes into categories.  She have been using Duxbury for many years now as a
Certified Braille Transcriber.

I want to also let everyone know that I have just sent my trial manuscript
to the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress for evaluation and grading for certification as a
Literary Level 1 Braille Transcriber.  I am anxiously awaiting my testing
result.  I will let everyone know my results when it comes in.  I am really
excited about this state of adventure.  Keep me in your prayers.

---------

"It's not over until I win!!!"
-- Les Brown

Lisa Hall
San Antonio, Texas

e-mail and via msn at
lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx

New personal home page:
http://home.satx.rr.com/lisahall

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *