[duxuser] Re: Responding to E-mails posted to user lists.

  • From: "George Bell" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:45:20 -0000

O.K. guys.  Let's cool this down before it gets out of hand.

Dave brought up quite a valid point that just perhaps, we should make some
effort to look at the manual for our embosser first.

Speaking as one of the list moderators, a DBT user, DBT help file author,
embosser supplier, and a braille producer, I personally tend to agree that we
should first try and make an effort to find what we need in the manual.

However, we do not wish to see people completely stuck, so if it's a last
resort, please feel free to ask.

Now having said all that, I have been saying for a long time that embosser set
up questions and problems are one of the major support issues in my own
company.  These are being addressed as I write.  In the Help files, I am trying
to provide links to manufacturers' web sites where accessible manuals may be
downloaded.  There will also be address, telephone, fax and e-mail details of
manufacturers.  If an embosser is no longer produced, then it is possible that
we may be able to locate a manual for you.  (I have a few secret sources)

Additionally, DBT 10.5 is beginning to address the issue of what I call the,
"Dog wagging the tail" so to speak.  That is, DBT having more control over the
embosser, so you have less to worry about, and can change sizes of paper and
such like.

So can I just ask you all to hold on a little longer - we're getting there, and
I know quite a few who will be burning the midnight oil this weekend getting
the new release ready for beta testing.

George Bell.

---