[duxhelp] Re: Not able to ge desired lines per braille page.

  • From: "Don Breda" <support@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:10:32 -0400

One further clarification though is a question for David Holaday.

If you set a top margin in Duxbury, does it send the escape sequence to the
index embosser to set its top martin to 1 or is that setting not touched on the
embosser leaving the possibility for it to be set to the
same value in both places causing a problem?

Don

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:26:32 -0400, Dave Durber wrote:

>I own three Index Basic-D braille embossers. Firmware version II,
>software version 4.40 installed.
>
>Since the beginning of the Beta Cycle for the release of DBT 10.5, I
>have been trying to understand why I cannot emboss the desired number
>of lines per page from the embosser when using DBT 10.5.
>
>Following are the settings that I set in the Basic-D:
>
>Group Page Layout Menu
>
>Characters Per Line: 30
>
>Left Margin: 0
>
>B Margin: 0  (This is actually Binding Margin).
>
>Top Margin: 1
>
>Bottom Margin: 0
>
>Line Spacing: 5.2  (At this setting, with the top margin set to 1, the
>embosser can emboss 25 lines per page.  With a top margin of 0, the
>embosser can emboss 26 lines per page but the embosser starts
>embossing approximately 1 quarter of an inch from the top of the page,
>which is too near the top of the page.
>
>Page Mode: Double-Sided
>
>Print Mode: Normal
>
>page number: off
>
>Paper Length 1: 11 inches
>
>Paper Length 2: 11 inches
>
>Z-folding: Off
>
>Group Option Settings
>
>Word Wrap: Off
>
>Auto Line Feed: Off
>
>Form-Feed: Off
>
>Impact Level: 4
>
>Delay Time: 4
>
>Print Quality: Normal
>
>Graphic Dot Distance: 2.0
>
>Text Dot Distance: Normal Pring-out Mode 2.5
>
>Setup: Open
>
>Paper Jam: On
>
>Distance After File: 1
>
>DBT 10.5 Settings:
>
>Global Embosser Settings:
>
>Braiiller Device: Basic-D
>
>Under Brailler Device Edit Button:
>
>General Tab Page:
>
>Embosser Model: Index Basic-D
>
>Setup Name: Basic-D
>
>Default Form:  Narrow Width, 11 inch long, braille paper
>
>Output Options: Write to port
>
>Output to LPT1
>
>Device Settings Tab Page
>
>Embosser Version: Firmware Version II
>
>Left margin (extra cells): 0
>
>Rightmost cell placement: 30
>
>Top Margin setting: 1
>
>Interpoint embossing is enabled: checked
>
>Output encoding: North American
>
>High Punctuation: Uppercase
>
>Letter case: Lowercase
>
>Advanced Tab Page
>
>Job setup, use custom job setup: unchecked
>
>End of line indicator: Carriage Return, line feed (PC)
>
>End of page indicator: Form Feed Only
>
>EOL on a full line: Checked
>
>The last four buttons on this page are unchecked
>
>Returning to the Global Embosser Setup Page
>
>Braille formatting form: Narrow width, 11 inch long, braille paper
>
>Desired formatting:
>
>Characters per line: 30
>
>Lines per page: 25
>
>Top Margin: 1
>
>Binding Margin: 0
>
>Emboss in interpoint: Checked
>
>Emboss Banner page: unchecked

> [...]

Don Breda
Duxbury Systems INC.
Telephone: (617) 847-6000 Mon-Fri 09:00 to 05:00 Eastern time.
www.duxburysystems.com
Email: support@xxxxxxxxxx
Main office (978) 692-3000