[duxhelp] Re: Not able to ge desired lines per braille page.

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:43:26 -0400

Hello George:

I believe that dbt is including the top margin as another line to be
deducted from the total number of lines for each side of the page.  I
personally think that DBT it is counting its tomp margin of 1 in
addition to the top margin of 1 that is set in the embosser settings,
thus making a top margin of 2.

As I said in my original E-mail, with the line spacing set to 5.2 or
5.3 in the Index, with the top and bottom margin set to zero, the
embosser says that it can emboss a maximum of 26 lines of braille on
each side of the page.

I do not think that the problem is with the Index Basic-D, I think the
problem is with DBT 10.5 and how it determines the number of lines
that are to be sent to the embosser for each side of the page.

I had no problem sending 25 interpoint lines of braille text to the
embosser up to and including DBT 10.4.  This is why I do not think
that the problem lies with the embosser.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber