[duxhelp] Re: Embosser Setup (again)

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:15:13 -0000

Peter,

As my base of multiple users, with multiple embossers, in
colleges, schools, universities and major users grows, I
feel this needs very, very careful thought.

Much will depend on the proposed change to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Sullivan
> Sent: 22 March 2005 15:12
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Embosser Setup (again)
>
> Joanie, Warren, and George,
>
> I do have another question.  As things now stand, when the

> user generates a template, that template will include
> information about the destination embosser, paper size,
and
> format dimensions for documents created with that
template.
> If paper size and format dimensions also stick to the
> embosser, how should this conflict be resolved?
>
> My thinking is that we're OK as-is, because a user will
> normally generate a template from a document targeted to
the
> default embosser, paper size, and format dimensions.  So
> documents created with this template will also be targeted
> the default embosser, paper size, and format dimensions --

> just as if created with one of our standard templates.
> Changing the document to a different embosser and paper
size
> won't be hard.
>
> What are your thoughts?

> * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com