[duxhelp] Re: Embosser Setup (again)

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:33:16 -0500

George,

So what logic does apply?

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of George Bell
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:19 AM
To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Embosser Setup (again)

Hi Warren,

This logic doesn't apply in many cases over here.  (No problem for
single-user systems. )

This is why I'm asking for "Roving Profiles" where embosser setup, etc.,
applies to the individual logging on to a network.  Quite simply, my network
users are overtaking my single-users here in the UK.

Example 1.  Student in college, prepares work in college dormitory on a
workstation (where an Index is installed) but will emboss that work in the
Library where two much faster Thiels are installed.

Example 2.  Member of staff at College, mostly works in the staff room where
there is an embosser with narrow paper.  Often has to work on DBT elsewhere,
and bring files back to staff room for embossing.

Example 3.  Major charity with 4 floors, and at least two embossers on each
floor.  One embosser will or might have narrow paper for letters, while the
other has wide paper for information sheets, etc..

And so on...........