[duxhelp] Re: Embosser Setup (again)

  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:27:04 -0000

Peter,

Document dimension - yes.

Target embosser - no.

This is not so much an issue for single-users, but is one
major issue for multi-users.

As you know, we've been banging on about Templates for a
long while, and finally are (almost) getting what we want in
10.5.  When you begin to understand their power and
convenience, users do appreciate how they can save work and
time.

And so that message is now getting through to certain users
- like a four letter acronym I can think of over here.

They are actually talking about distributing "corporate
templates" from John O'Groats to Land's End.  Hence size of
paper, and therefore "document dimensions", are important.

However, the Template could be "targeted" to a whole raft of
different embossers.

Sullivan
> Sent: 23 March 2005 16:34
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Embosser Setup (again)
>
> Jack,
>
> The issue is simply whether, as now, templates should
contain
> document dimension and target embosser information.

Maartman
> Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:00 PM
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Embosser Setup (again)
>
> Hi Peter:
>
> I am afraid, I am not grasping this issue well.  I am
trying
> to extrapolate the problem from the list, You probably, I
> would think have enough on your plate right now, to have
the
> time to summarize the problem. And in fact I may, in fact,

> have very little to add. I had to set up many
configurations
> until I found one that worked for me, that is sending a
file
> through a serial port to the braille lite as if it were an

> embosser. The one that works best for me is printing
directly
> to a file. and utilizing this. I thought I had overwritten

> these settings, but was pleased to find the settings
attached
> to a template.
>
> Sorry if I am inundating the list with too much traffic.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jack

> * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com