[softwarelist] Re: watermarks

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2017 21:47:36 +0000

Hi,

On 30/12/2017 21:10, Dave Symes wrote:

I assume by now, my second posting will have come through which noted
after a bit more experimenting, it did depend on how they were extracted
and from what.

TBH I had seen that when I replied, I was thinking DPScan might do a better job than older programs.

Is referencing pictures, where the pictures are not actually in the
document but referenced from the external directory in which they are
stored?

Correct.

If so that wouldn't work would it as the directory of graphics would have
to go anywhere/everywhere the document went.

That's how it works, you create a folder and keep the document and its pictures in that folder and move the folder.

A small inconvenience but that's what people with huge images (and limited memory) have to put up with.

It appears to me, if I want graphics that will work on both operating
systems and are editable on the Win side, my only option is Jpeg.

That's true.

I always had an idea that I'd allow format conversion on export of pictures from OP, I never got it done.

Having .bmp converted to sprite (Draw) on load into OP does not help if you then want to start exporting from OP and editing on Windows. It'd be OK if you kept your original pictures outside OP and edited and re-imported.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com